Your hard work has paid off and we are excited that you’ll be joining the community of healers at NUNM. Your journey to NUNM is just a few steps away.
To secure your place in class, you need to complete the following steps:
- Statement of Intent:
- You can submit this online through your Self-Service Center. Just lick on the “Respond” button located on your electronic admission letter
- Pay your tuition deposit within 14 business days of the date listed on your admission letter.
- School of Undergraduate Studies – programs require a non=refundable $200 deposit (BSiHS, BScN and BSiT-MT)
- School of Graduate Studies programs require a non-refundable $300 deposit (MScN, MScGH, MSiMH, MSiMR and MScA)
- College of Naturopathic Medicine and College of Classical Chinese Medicine programs require a non-refundable $500 deposit (ND, DSOM and MSOM)
NUNM operates a clinic that is recognized by the Oregon Health Authority as a Patient-Centered Primary Care Home, providing high quality, patient-centered care to individuals and families. Because NUNM’s academic programs require some level of clinical work, you will be required to complete the following steps:
- Provide proof of immunization records. Learn more about the Health Profession Student Clinical Training Standards and fill out our Certificate of Immunization form, including any necessary documents.
- Complete a background check. Review Background Check Requirements & Policy and complete the Release of Information form. Follow the Background Check Instructions to register at the Castle Branch website.
- Complete a drug test. Learn more about the NUNM Drug Testing Policy & Procedures and FAQs. The drug testing requirement must be completed within 30 days of matriculation only. Further instructions and test site locations will be provided prior to the start of the 30-day window of opportunity.
If admitted conditionally, please carefully review the terms of your offer of admission. This could be completion of prerequisite courses or the need of a final, official transcript. If you are continuing to work on prerequisites, closely work with your admission counselor to ensure you are taking the correct courses. You must meet all requirements outlined in order to begin classes.
If you plan to access financial aid and have not completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or you have not previously included NUNM, please do so as soon as possible at here. NUNM’s FAFSA code = B07624. Learn more about financial aid.
It is very important that you update your contact information and physical address any time it changes. Over the course of the next several months, you will be mailed various informational packets from multiple departments. You can update your mailing address at any time by contacting the Office of Admissions at 503.552.1660 or email.
If you are moving to Portland, carefully map out a timeline. Ideally, you’ll want to arrive 2-3 weeks prior to orientation. Portland is a popular city, therefore the housing and rental market can be tight. Start your search early! Here are some resources to help you transition into Portland life.