We’re celebrating Black History Month at NUNM. For updates and the full schedule of events head here.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion was founded to support the recruitment, retention, and holistic success of all students, with an emphasis on students of color and other underrepresented student populations on campus. We seek to promote diversity, equity and inclusion campus-wide.
African Adinkra Symbol, “Within diversity, there is Unity”
The Office of Equity and Inclusion strives to foster a sense of belonging for all community members by cultivating a more diverse, inclusive and equitable campus community.
Title IX issues are related to gender-based harassment or misconduct, which may include acts of verbal, nonverbal, or physical aggression; intimidation; or hostility based on sex or sex-stereotyping, even if those acts do not involve conduct of a sexual nature.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion is located in Suite 200 of the Administration Building.
Dr. Larry Roper visited our campus recently to discuss creating a diverse and inclusive campus culture. Administration, faculty, staff and students were in attendance. If you were unable to attend, we invite you to watch the powerful presentation below.
Finding Local Community
Building community and social support outside of NUNM can help with a sense of support and actually aid in being more successful. These resources and links are not sponsored by NUNM and NUNM is not liability for quality or accuracy of events
Cultural Diversity Resources
School of Gender, Race, and Nations at Portland State University
Includes Black, Chicano, Queer, and Women’s Studies departments and resources events. Visit the school’s website.
Culture- and Ethnicity-Specific Community Resources and Events
- Oregon & Washington Asian organizations, associations, and churches
- Multnomah County Community Resources Database
- Oregon DHS Directory of Community Resources. Cultural organizations statewide and by county (NUNM is in Multnomah county)
- Portland State University Institute for Asian Studies
Specific Local Organizations
- City of Portland Community Center Directory – by Neighborhood
- In Other Words Feminist Community Center (and famous bookstore) Events Calendar
- Portland State University Multicultural Center Events Calendar
- Q Center- LGBTQ Community Center and Resources Events Calendar
- Portland Front Runners– LGBTQ Running Group
- Portland’s Gay Yellow Pages
- Portland PLFAG- Central Portland, East Portland, and Black Chapters
- Q Center- Portland LGBTQ Resources Directory
Religious and Spiritual Communities
- Directory of Portland Religious and Spiritual Centers (Includes most major religious affiliations)
- Meditation Groups and Resources