New! The Office of Equity and Inclusion now has a drop box (located outside of the Human Resources suite). We would love to hear from you. Stop by and drop off your comments and/or suggestions.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) was founded in 2016. The mission of the OEI is to collaborate with the NUNM community to advocate for and educate about issues of diversity, equity and inclusion. The OEI supports the recruitment, retention, and holistic success of all students, staff and faculty at NUNM. The Office aims to strengthen the appreciation, celebration and awareness of diversity in race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disabilities, age and veteran status.
African Adinkra Symbol, “Within diversity, there is Unity”
The Office of Equity and Inclusion strives to foster a sense of belonging for all community members by cultivating a more diverse, inclusive and equitable campus community.
Title IX issues are related to gender-based harassment or misconduct, which may include acts of verbal, nonverbal, or physical aggression; intimidation; or hostility based on sex or sex-stereotyping, even if those acts do not involve conduct of a sexual nature.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion is located in Suite 200 of the Administration Building.
Dr. Larry Roper visited our campus recently to discuss creating a diverse and inclusive campus culture. Administration, faculty, staff and students were in attendance. If you were unable to attend, we invite you to watch the powerful presentation below.
Finding Local Community
Building community and engaging in social networks outside of NUNM can help strengthen and nourish cultural identity and awareness. It can also provide opportunities to immerse in intercultural experiences and be in community with people from diverse backgrounds. These resources and links are not sponsored by the University and NUNM is not liable for the quality or accuracy of the events listed on this site.
- Unite Oregon
- School of Gender, Race, and Nations at Portland State University (includes Black, Chicano, Queer, and Women’s Studies departments and resources events). Visit the school’s website.
- Oregon & Washington Asian organizations, associations, and churches
- Multnomah County Community Resources Database
- Oregon DHS Directory of Community Resources.
- Portland State University Institute for Asian Studies
- Download a list of organizations
- Travel Portland Multicultural Communities
- City of Portland Community Center Directory – by Neighborhood
- Portland State University Multicultural Center Events Calendar
- Q Center Events and Programs
- Portland Front Runners– LGBTQ Running Group
- Portland’s Gay Yellow Pages
- Portland PLFAG- Central Portland, East Portland, and Black Chapters
- Q Center- Portland LGBTQ Resources Directory