In order to maintain a safe environment for our community please report all crimes to then Safety and Security Department. As a matter of safety, if a crime is being committed in your presence at any time contact Portland Police Bureau prior to contacting the Safety and Security Department.
Portland Police Bureau Contact Numbers
You can also report crimes to the security department and anonymously via our Incident Reporting webpage.
What to watch for
- DLR: If something Doesn’t Look Right, then contact security.
- Some things to be aware of and report:
- Suspicious people/vehicles/unattended belongings
- Open or unlocked doors
- Potential crimes of opportunity
- Non-NUNM students or staff in non-public areas
Remember, do not investigate suspicious activity, report it to security.
Lock, Take, Hide Possessions
It is important to secure your possessions and maintain your own safety. Consider some of these suggestions when looking to protect yourself and your property.
- Lock valuables and sensitive information in file cabinets, drawers, or lockers.
- The most prevalent crimes committed on the campus are crimes of opportunity such as theft of unattended possessions, always keep your possessions close by.
- Take valuables out of your vehicle.
- Report valuables left in common areas to security.
- As a last resort, make an attempt to hide items that need to be left out, even if it is for a short while.
- Park in well-lit and easily accessible areas.
- Have your keys ready when returning to your vehicle.
- Call NUNM Security for escort to your car: 503.830.3613
- Use a U-Lock to secure your bike. Always secure the bike to a bike rack.
- Report suspicious activity near bike racks.
- Register your bicycle with NUNM or Police.
- Engrave your bike with your driver’s license.
Portland Police Bureau contact page
City of Portland crime prevention resources
- Report incidents, tips, and graffiti
- RAD (self defense)
- Neighborhood Community Policing Coordinators
- Information on crime in the area.
- Training in Self-Defense 0ptions