Welcome to NUNM Wellness!
The wellness initiative is designed to increase the opportunity for staff to focus on health and wellness in the workplace.
- This initiative’s focus is self-care and collaboration. It is institutionally supported and focuses on natural medicine choices.
- Wellness, self-care and collaboration are important elements in making NUNM a healthy place to work.
Elements of the Plan
- Allocated one hour of self-care per week: Employees are allowed one hour of paid time each week to participate in self-care activities. Activities can be collaborative or solitary.
- Community potlucks: An opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to share meals and cultures to foster diversity and inclusion.
- Expressions of gratitude: Human Resources has available “thank you’s” that can be sent across the university to others who have helped in some way.
- Focus bulletin boards: In selected hallways each college or school maintains a bulletin board that includes items promoting wellness, comfort, gratitude and acceptance.
- Presentations and “Lunch & Learns”: Each school, college and institution offers or sponsors talks and presentations each term to integrate and teach our core philosophy surrounding teaching and healing. These talks and presentations help integrate a general awareness of health, healing and wellness.
- Theme or activity-based groups: Staff will have opportunities to develop and/or join groups based on faculty and staff interests, including book clubs, walking groups, mediation and yoga sessions, running or cycling clubs, cooking and crafts.
- Volunteer/Giving opportunities: Volunteer opportunities are hosted throughout the year to increase collaboration and increase feelings of goodness and compassion.
- January Blood Drive – NUNM Wellness working in conjunction with Bloodworks Northwest will host a blood drive on Thursday, Jan. 10 to celebrate National Blood Drive Month. The bloodmailto:email@example.com drive will last from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in room 107. Please put this on your calendar. Keep watching for more details.
- Get Cozy Potluck – Please join the Wellness Team as we ward off winter chill with a cozy potluck on Wednesday, January 16 from noon to 1 pm. Plan to bring a favorite winter home cooked item or a store bought favorite to share with NUNM colleagues. More details will follow in the Monday emails.