Welcome to NUNM Wellness!
The wellness initiative is designed to increase the opportunity for staff to focus on health and wellness in the workplace.
- This initiative’s focus is self-care and collaboration. It is institutionally supported and focuses on natural medicine choices.
- Wellness, self-care and collaboration are important elements in making NUNM a healthy place to work.
Elements of the Plan
- Allocated one hour of self-care per week: Employees are allowed one hour of paid time each week to participate in self-care activities. Activities can be collaborative or solitary.
- Community potlucks: An opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to share meals and cultures to foster diversity and inclusion.
- Expressions of gratitude: Human Resources has available “thank you’s” that can be sent across the university to others who have helped in some way.
- Focus bulletin boards: In selected hallways each college or school maintains a bulletin board that includes items promoting wellness, comfort, gratitude and acceptance.
- Presentations and “Lunch & Learns”: Each school, college and institution offers or sponsors talks and presentations each term to integrate and teach our core philosophy surrounding teaching and healing. These talks and presentations help integrate a general awareness of health, healing and wellness.
- Theme or activity-based groups: Staff will have opportunities to develop and/or join groups based on faculty and staff interests, including book clubs, walking groups, mediation and yoga sessions, running or cycling clubs, cooking and crafts.
- Volunteer/Giving opportunities: Volunteer opportunities are hosted throughout the year to increase collaboration and increase feelings of goodness and compassion.
- Importance of Hydrotherapy – Gaia Mathers, ND, will lead a discussion about the importance of water to our health and well-being. She will address the importance of staying well-hydrated and discuss simple hydrotherapy techniques folks can do at home. A Q&A will accompany the talk. Thursday, April 26 at 12:30 p.m. in Room 201.
- IBS & SIBO Symptom Relief led by Kristy Regan, MScN- Join us for a presentation on how to identify IBS or SIBO symptoms. Learn how diet, supplements and mind-body therapies (stress relief techniques) can mitigate the symptoms. During the one hour presentation, Kristy will share her insights and expertise and offer recipes, cooking ideas and samples of healthy snack options. Mark your calendars for Thursday, May 10 at 1:00 pm in room 302.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com