Now accepting applications through May 2, 2022 for the 2022 cohort!
R90 Program at NUNM
The R90 program provides 2-3 years of clinical research training specific to complementary and integrative health (CIH) for doctoral-level trained researchers (e.g., PhD, MD, DrPH, DSW, etc.) at the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR. R90 participants are matched with experienced clinical and research mentors in the disciplines of CIH for immersive clinical clerkships, didactic courses in CIH, and didactic training in CIH clinical research topics. R90 trainees are encouraged to build off of their mentor’s active research with novel aims and/or translate their current research into the clinic. These projects are pursued with the guidance of their R90 mentors, with a goal toward independent career development and/or R-level grants.
T90 Program at UW
The T90 program provides 2-3 years of clinical research training for doctoral-level CIH providers (e.g., ND, DAOM, DC, DPT, DO, etc.) at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. T90 trainees are matched with experienced, funded, clinical researchers at UW who have active research projects in the domains of CIH. T90 mentors represent five schools within the University of Washington, including the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Social Work and Pharmacy. T90 trainees also receive didactic training in the methods and skills required to design and implement clinical research in the fields of CIH.
Highlights of the BRIDG Clinical Research Training Curriculum
- Fundamentals of epidemiology and biostatistics for clinical researchers
- Study design
- Designing and working with a multi-disciplinary research team
- Grant writing
- Clinical trials
- Responsible conduct of research & research ethics
- Overview of translational research
- Translational research methods: Biomarker development, brain imaging, “omics”
- Clinical epidemiology: analytical approaches, control selection, GWAS, existing data resources
- Case reporting
- Qualitative research
- Placebo effects
- CIH in vulnerable populations
- Natural products research
- Mind-body therapies
- Behavioral research methods in CIH
- Health services research in CIH
In addition, T90 trainees and R90 participants train with each other in quarterly retreats to foster mutual understanding, respect, and knowledge of trainees’ respective fields.
Have questions? Contact the BRIDG program.
Now accepting applications through May 2, 2022 for the 2022 cohort.